Everybody makes mistakes, but hiring the wrong associate for your facility can have lasting negative effects for years on end. Here are just a few ways a bad hire can impact your bottom line.
- Company morale: An employee who doesn’t fit in can lower the morale and productivity of your entire practice, potentially influencing good employees to consider other options. You may find yourself faced with multiple vacancies or the reality of keeping a marginal employee for the sake of operations.
- Loss of productivity: A poor employee is likely to perform below the expectations of your practice, leading to bottlenecks in workflow.
- Opportunity costs: The reason to add a new associate is to grow your business. A poor hire occupies a space in your organization that could be filled by an exceptional associate who could grow revenue.
- Damage to reputation: You’ve worked hard to create a positive reputation in your community. A single poor patient experience can offset years of quality service and lead not only to patient attrition, but potentially negative reviews posted online. These will stick around long after the poor employee has left your practice.
- Lost executive time: All the time you spent interviewing, negotiating, and onboarding must be duplicated. This will again take you away from the duties you have running your business.
- Hard costs: The costs incurred in travel and lodging for the candidate will never be recovered. It’s also possible to incur additional costs in equipment, computers, and furniture for a bad hire.
- Separation costs: Depending on the contract, severance packages and legal fees can be significant.
Working with ETS OBGYN reduces your exposure to these risks and unnecessary expenses. We save you executive time and marketing costs upfront while bringing you vetted candidates who have expressed interest in a practice like yours. If you’re interested in partnering with ETS OBGYN to hire your next associate, partner, or buyer, contact us today and let’s get started.
Hiring Master Tip: Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late
Nov 3, 2021
As a recruiting firm specializing only in the recruitment of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, we know a thing or two when it comes to growing your OB/GYN practice. In short, w...
Where Are All the OB/GYN’s?
Oct 27, 2021
The market for OB/GYN talent has always been competitive. Several factors have combined to make what was already a tight market even more challenging. These include: Gr...
The One That Got Away
Jun 23, 2021
You thought your staffing issue was solved. You felt you had the right fit, you were confident the job offer was solid, you made the offer, and yet, somehow, they took another...
Are You Ready for What’s Next?
Mar 24, 2021
Everyone is trying to understand what’s coming next in a post-COVID-19 world. While we have no special foresight into the future of the pandemic, we can tell you what we hav...
The Right Questions to Ask When You Meet a Candidate
Jun 16, 2020
There is a common perception that interviews are about putting the best face forward for both the practice and the potential employee. While it is natural to want to make a go...
Planning Ahead – Hiring for the Future of Your Practice
Apr 22, 2020
With some states in the beginning stages of lifting isolation restrictions and making small, careful steps toward a new normal after the COVID-19 crisis, many of the practice ...
Interview Logistics 101: Putting a Candidate at Ease
Jan 21, 2020
You think you’ve found a candidate who might just be the perfect fit and you’re looking forward to a great interview. However, your candidate could have a flight delay on ...
Ten Great Quotes to Inspire You to Find Your Next Superstar Associate
Jan 13, 2020
“Hire people who are smarter than you are—whose talents surpass yours—and give them opportunities for growth. It's the smart thing to do and it is a sign of high persona...
New Year. New Hire?
Jan 2, 2020
The big ball has dropped. The champagne has popped. The calendar page has turned. A lot of the planning for 2020 has probably already taken place. Now it’s time to star...
Playing to Win – How to Seal the Deal with a Potential New Hire
Nov 26, 2019
The rest of the corporate America is dealing with what OB/GYN practices have known for years: it's tough to attract and retain top talent. Even when you find a promising candi...